Wednesday, September 29, 2010

huge things, big worlds

by january dichee and my little nephew leave bacolod.
by that time, it'll be me by my lonesome in that empty, rotting apartment.
i don't know what to do when 2011 comes.

i am marrying j when i turn 32, that's like almost 4 years from now. i am saying this without a flicker of doubt in mind.

my tic douloureux will be stuck with me for a lifetime. i'd have to see a neuro often. and my life will be about pacing. i don't know what to choose, would pain of betrayal, loneliness, of hunger, be better than physical pain? with all the pain killers i'm taking as of late, i know my kidney will not do well.

almost everything is depressing. films i've watched over the past few days are depressing. and educational. opened my eyes to history in the middle east- at least a bit of it. made me see that there might be hope for humanity. - we gotta feed the hungry and we're happy.

last monday, j and i were in robinson's, i was looking into getting a house. i don't really know if it would be a good idea if we moved into his house. scrap that, it's going to be a bad idea altogether. i just want my own house.

-
Holocausts do not amaze me. Rapes and child slavery do not amaze me. And Franklin, I know you feel otherwise, but Kevin does not amaze me. I am amazed when I drop a glove in the street and a teenager runs two blocks to return it. I am amazed when a checkout girl flashes me a wide smile with my change, though my own face had been a mask of expedience. Lost wallets posted to their owners, strangers who furnish meticulous directions, neighbors who water each other's houseplants - these things amaze me.


- Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: