Monday, May 2, 2011

of the mundane and ordinaries


-We've been watching this Manga series entitled One Piece, it's about a boy who has the flexibility of a rubber and is self-assured that he will be the King of the Pirates. Funnnnnnnn. It's been 3 days already and we're still hooked.

-Realized that mothers cannot just let go of their first-born. I wish I wouldn't wind up like such. I don't aim to be the coolest mom, but I just wish that one day my daughter would just become the person whom she wants to be and that I would understand most, if not all things she's gonna go through. (To condone is really different from understanding.) And I would just learn to let go.

-We had supper at Raffy's Sizzlers last night, it's the most disgusting place to eat in the city. Haha, promise, I would rather have chow at the pungko pungkos in Cebu.

-I got a measly 2k from my old apartment's deposit. I honestly cannot recall that there's a 60 day-inform-the-owner-you'll-leave clause w/in the contract. IT PAYS TO READ AND KEEP COPY OF CONTRACTS!

-I've been totally hormonal. There are days when I loathe JJ for not doing the chores at home on time, and there are days when I feel so lovey-dovey towards him. These states are both driving me nuts.

-On vivid dreams, last night I dreamt of our first family house in South Cotabato, you know how a place would seem too gigantic for a 2 or 3 year old? I really miss having my own parents at their own house no matter how annoying both of them can be most times. ;p

-Cut a finger while sponging a kitchen knife, I've been really making progress in making meals though, I can "cook" garlic fried rice w/ sweet ham with the help of this MSG-laden seasoning- Ginisa Flavor Mix, and make a mean potato,macaroni salad. (: Or maybe my boy's just hungry.

-J lost his dad when he was 7 to a heart attack. His dad was as tall as he and he was medium built(I've seen photos), I pass through the cemetery where his dad lays on my daily commute, makes me wonder if it's more hurtful to grow up without a father, or to grow up with an alcoholic father who'd let you down numerous times. In both ways, I think it's hurtful.

-I'm still waiting for the engagement ring. Haha, I wanted it more than wanting to be married. You can always return the ring, but you can't return your husband's last name. It will be indelible if you don't have money for annulment. (Sometimes, I think two people can't always stay together forever, even if they promise to. I wish I would be wrong about this when it comes to me and my child's father.)

-My back hurts, my stomach hurts, and I always wind up worried because I get attacked by heartburn every so often.

-I kinda wanna go toiletries shopping today, I want huge bottles of hair detangler(cumbersome to comb one's hair), Calgon spritz that smells like ocean, and a tub of body butter. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe on weekend. I'm too lazy to budge.

-Dichee turned 28 on May 1. Philippine Labor Day. I like her birthday. It's a reminder to work really hard and work honestly even if you sometimes don't want to.

-Kairi at 2 can now feel sibling rivalry and says her Mommy loves her Shobe only. Oh well, I will only have one child to spare me of the guilt.


  


Truth disappears with history and gossip tells us in the end nothing of personal relationships. There are stories of elopements, unrequited love, family feuds, and exhausting vendettas, which everyone was drawn into, had to be involved with. But nothing I said of the closeness between two people: how they grew in the shade of each other’s presence. No one speaks of that exchange of gift and character – the way a person took on and recognized in himself the smile of a lover.
Michael Ondaatje, Running in the Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: