Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kahit ano pang mangyari, basta't tuloy parin ang Pasko!

I honestly did not have a long wishlist. I only wanted my pink hediota and I got it a week before Christmas. I wasn't ultimately worrying about monies because I know that it will be given. On my wishlist were crazy things like peace on earth or mindanao or in places that has never known peace or God or chicken and mojo potatoes. Yes, I wanted everyone fed and warm and happy. Who wouldn't? I also wanted God to give the she-wolf a heart attack and she'll never recover. But, I learned that she's not the only person who is responsible for us feeling bad. I am not totally blameless. Even if in my heart I know that I did not start the belligerence, I fed the fire of being belligerent too. I said mean things too, though it might not be as mean as what she has been formulating. So, I'm not gonna ask that she have a heart attack. ;p

I am happy I have good friends. That when I write a list for gift-giving, I can count more than one or two people on it. And that I would just highlight whom I should be handing the gifts to, because gifts or no gifts, I know that I have friends. I know that even if we say things about each other, at the end of the day, we find ways to make up. And that's how friends should grow.

I am glad that I still receive texts that would say, woo-hoo, you'll be in the city in 24 hours, we will see you at the airport. I'm so excited, and I miss you Achee. I, whose dating status might not be the best or might be nonexistent as of late, is really glad that I can take solace in the sms, emails, instant messages, words of my sisters. That even if I don't have the best relationship with my Ma, she hugs me, and tells me that I looked too thin or too pudgy-even if it gets irritating, it all boils down to love.

And that God has been steadfast, at 24 I've wanted the gift of consistency. He has given me that, in terms of family, of relationships, of friends, and even work. I never looked closely enough. And yet, this year, with heaps of appreciation, I know that I've been given soooo much.

 

Tara na 2010!

2 comments:

fallen rain. (: