Wednesday, October 5, 2011

5 years in 4 boxes

I started packing. Editing. Undoing. Packing. My stuff are all over my apartment. Some of my shoes and purses are falling apart, just like I am.
I don't know if I am doing the right thing. Turning my back on my husband and my marriage for about a year or more. They've always said that you are supposed to love your spouse first so that you can give a stable foundation for your family, and then you can give your child the sense of security that both parents are always gonna stay together.
I think I am now really, really good at letting go. :(
I wonder why I hurt so much. Looking at the boxes upon boxes of clothes, of shoes, of books, of a cornucopia of little things- I wish myself simple. I wish myself happy and easy. And I wish myself detachment from the material things, from what's plastic, cotton, or wood. And still I hurt so much. Maybe because with these things I remember. That I loved, I smiled, I danced, I ached, I whined, I laughed. This transition is really, really hard. I am already a full-fledged adult and a mother. Every decisions should come with discernment and prudence. Perhaps tonight I will sigh but I will feel so much better in the morning.



“I’ve discovered Christ in a deeper way through suffering than I ever did through blessing.” - Britt Merrick

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: