Thursday, February 10, 2005

from the lil prince........



♥ "You know--one loves the sunset, when one is so sad . . ."

♥ It is such a secret place, the land of tears.

♥ The fact is that I did not know how to understand anything! I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words.

♥ "Of course I love you, it is my fault that you have not known it all the while. That is of no importance. But you--you have been just as foolish as I. Try to be happy . . ."

♥ "Well, I must endure the presence of two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

♥ "So with me: I own the stars, because nobody else before me ever thought of owning them."

♥ When one wishes to play the wit, he sometimes wanders a little from the truth.

♥ All grown-ups were once children--although few of them remember it.

♥ "If you love a flower that lives on a star, it is sweet to look at the sky at night. All the stars are a-bloom with flowers . . ."

♥ "But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart . . ."

♥ I breathed easily. At sunrise the sand is the color of honey. And that honey color was making me happy, too. What brought me, then, this sense of grief?

♥ And that was true. I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams . . .

♥ "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well . . ."





Rain

If you love a flower that lives on a star,
It is sweet to look at the stars at night.
All the stars are a-bloom with flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: