Wednesday, October 3, 2007

entire book of "I REMEMBERs"

excerpts from I Remember by Joe Brainard
I remember how good a glass of water can taste after a dish of icecream
I remember many dreams of finding gold and jewels
I remember round cards
I remember box suits
I remember butter and sugar sandwiches
I remember planning to tear page 48 out of every book I read from the Boston Public Library, but soon losing interest
I remember a dream I had recently where John Ashbery said that my Mondrian period paintings where even better than Mondrian
I remember duck-tails
I remember when I thought that anything old was very valuable
I remember a very poor boy who had to wear his sister's blouses to school
I remember loafers with pennies in them
I remember driftwood lamps
I remember when fiberglass was going to solve everything
I remember the chair I used to put my boogers behind
I remember salt on watermelon
I remember bean bag ashtrays that would stay level on irregular surfaces
I remember a backdrop of a brick wall I painted for a play. I painted each red brick in by hand. Afterwards it occured to me that I could've just painted the whole thing red and put in the white lines
I remember a man who came around with a pony and a cowboy hat and a camera. For so much money he would take your picture on the pony wearing the hat

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: