Wednesday, October 3, 2007

on girls

tan-aw nko nichika raxa ani tungod wa niya nafeel na beautiful xa. or tungod di xa happy. or basi'g bright rajud sha. watcha think? (hahaha. mura'g dumb blond ang nistorya:)

 

"Girls my age never use the word "fair". Ordinary girls as young as I am are basically indifferent to whether things are fair or not. The central question for them is not whether something is fair but whether or not it's beautiful or will make them happy. "Fair" is a mans word, finally, but I can't help feeling that it is also the right word for me now. And because questions of beauty and happiness have become such difficult and convoluted propositions for me now, I suspect, I find myself clinging instead to other standards - like whether something is fair or honest or universally true."

- Haruki Murukami "Norwegian Wood"

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: