Thursday, November 15, 2007

it's maybe not so different now

"It's funny, but when I was little, before I'd go to sleep my mom would do this routine with me where she'd tell me to think of pretty things. I would close my eys and she would run her fingers over my cheeks and across my brow. And we'd go through this list. I think it was a way of preventing nightmares--and it would always be, you know, pussycats and puppy dogs and balloons at the zoo. Sometimes she'd mention yellow submarines, stars in the sky, blackbirds flying overhead, trees in Central Park, and even--believe it or not--that on Saturday I would get to see Daddy. Nothing that extraordinary, but when you're four years old, it's cats and dogs that make life worth living. And I kind of think it's maybe not so different now."

-- prozac nation

happy birthday karya. i wish i were in davao.

 

3 comments:

  1. thanks rainy.. i miz u na jud.. hope we can talk soon. final na ako adto cebu nov 30-dec 3. blessed kaau ko.. my birthday was really really memorable. check out my pics. miz u. mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. di tah magkita gheng. faetch.
    kita ta sa paris next year nalang. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah im wishing upon a star na mahappen na=) haha

    ReplyDelete

fallen rain. (: