Tuesday, November 9, 2010

life as i know it




Been diagnosed with TN earlier this September, then more than a couplah weeks ago, was hospitalized because of a suspected adverse reaction to my TN pain maintenance drug: Tegretol. The diagnosis was Erythema Multiforme- skin allergy in the form of rashes in multiple forms.

Today, I had to see my allergist again who is actually the best doctor in this goddamned city. He tells me I have Vasculitis. I forget w/c form. He assures me it's not life threatening and that I'd need to have several tests and that I've to go thru steroids. For the life of me, it's actually making me nuts. My skin had lesions and is itchy and dry and scaly. FML.

So, I did some reading about the condition and found out that it's a disease so rare and it's hard to diagnose and it takes prolong medication. I'm soooooooooo screwed.

I know need remission- again. I'm grateful TN attacks are at bay.

Sometimes, I do not know what to do with myself.

--

At least today, J and I had beef burger, green tea, sour creme and barbeque fries at Taters. Before seeing Doctor Rafaelito. Then had coffee at Bob's SM and I've enjoyed watching him play on a digital baby grand at Casio.

Everything's bad as it is good. Sad as it has made me happy. Fucked and so put together.

links to learning about vasculitis:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-edge-newspaper-2010/jan-01b.html
http://rarediseasesnetwork.epi.usf.edu/vcrc/learnmore/definitions.htm
http://vasculitis.med.jhu.edu/faqs/faqs.html

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: