Friday, October 7, 2005

o love that wilt not let me go

     O Love that wilt not let me go,
      I rest my weary soul in thee;
      I give thee back the life I owe,
      That in thine ocean depths its flow
      May richer, fuller be.

      O light that followest all my way,
      I yield my flickering torch to thee;
      My heart restores its borrowed ray,
      That in thy sunshine's blaze its day
      May brighter, fairer be.

      O Joy that seekest me through pain,
      I cannot close my heart to thee;
      I trace the rainbow through the rain,
      And feel the promise is not vain,
      That morn shall tearless be.

      O Cross that liftest up my head,
      I dare not ask to fly from thee;
      I lay in dust life's glory dead,
      And from the ground there blossoms red
      Life that shall endless be.


 


i so love this song, it's by george matheson, a blind scott preacher of long ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: