Friday, October 14, 2005

some lines from great expectations


♥ I have been bent and broken,
but--I hope--into a better shape.


♥ To me, parting is a painful thing. To me,
 the remembrance of our last parting
has been ever mournful and painful.


♥ I have often thought of you, of late, very often. 
There was a long hard time when I kept far from me
 the remembrance of what I had thrown away when I was
quite ignorant of its worth.


♥ All these things I saw without then knowing that I saw them,
for I was in an agony of apprehension.


♥ I collected a little more of my scattered wits.


♥ We were all very low, and none the
 higher for pretending to be in spirits.


♥ Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears,
for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth,
 overlying our hard hearts.


♥ I was better after I had cried than before,
--more sorry, more aware
of my own ingratitude, more gentle. 


♥  And the mists had all solemnly risen now,
 and the world lay spread before me.


 


♥-♥-♥ haven't really read the book yet, 'skimming for good lines though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: