Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bianca Trifina

I did not know what to expect when I was scheduled to deliver my first child. I checked in to the hospital's labor room around 10am of July 25, 2011. I just laid there for some hours til lunch time, I was then asked to eat lunch, I even drank iced tea. At around 2pm, my gyno placed this steel "wrench" down-under and a certain expensive medicine to make my cervix dilate. In about 2-5 minutes, I started feeling my back ache. It's like a huge weight was placed on my back. And then my stomach started to hurt. And then the pain would stop. Every time, there's the back ache then the pain runs into the stomach again, then stops and then there wasn't any interval in between- it was just painful the whole time. The kind of pain that makes your heart beat really fast and make you cry. It was fucking unbearable. It went on like this for 22 long hours. I bruised my hand because I was punching the tiled wall of the labor room. I kept asking for IE(I had no clue what IE was earlier in the pregnancy.) and asking if my cervix has opened yet. Nurses started and ended their shifts and came back the next day, whilst I suffered there- not silently as I've sometimes let out several yelps when the contractions were crazy. My progress to delivery was quite slow, til at around 10am when an elderly nurse informed me that my cervix has opened to 10cm and that I am ready to go to the delivery room- take note, WALK to the delivery room after struggling overnight in the labor room. With an IV on my hand, I was tasked to do squats to help ease the baby out.

Then the hard part was learning that I do not know how to PUSH the baby out. I was then due for fundal push or if it won't work, emergency CS. Oxygen mask was given to me because the fetal heartbeat of my baby was beyond normal. But, by some miracle just 22 minutes past 10a.m. of July 26, 2011 - with the help of a fundal push- I gave birth to my lovely daughter who was around 3 kilograms at that time.The delivery wasn't any less painful as I try to push her out of my womb, however, the moment she was freed from my tummy- I felt relieved, like a huge glob of gel squirted out of me. That's the only welcomed feeling I had in those 22 hours.The first thing I noticed about my child is her nose. Haha. Then I realized I was being stitched. Later wheeled to my room. I'd breastfed her the first night. Even when I felt sore everywhere. Recovery stage was crazier. It was painful to recover from child birth too. Like a huge wound was placed in your bum.

-
Now as I recount what transpired in my giving birth almost two months ago, I'd say it was worth it but I wouldn't do it all over again. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

fallen rain. (: