Friday, September 30, 2011

“May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air.”

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." - Proverbs 31:25

-I will be leaving this city in two weeks. Trying to rid of the furniture and the home appliances I've acquired and trying to tell myself that me and my husband will be all right one day. We just need this time and the distance to work out the marriage.

This is bittersweet. Bacolod had been home to me for the past 5 years. I've stayed here longer than in Cebu and pretty much like in Davao or Gensan. I've made really bad decisions I can't take back, I've met great friends, I wind up with a child and with a husband- who knew? I've developed certain affinity to colleagues who were also pregnant during my pregnancy, and the whole point of being here for me is understanding the city, and its people. It hasn't been all lovely, all pretty, all wonderful but, somehow it has given me a sense of accomplishment and security. Moving in this city gave me a ticket to see other cities too.


Hence, I realized how everything in this life needs seamless transition for it to be considered stable and consistent.

I know someday, the consistency and security I am asking for will be found. In the persons I love and in the place I'd call home.

Thank you and good riddance Bacolod, really. (: 



2 comments:

  1. Hoist raenberry! Where are you off to now? Awww this is a nice entry. Sad but I see a light of hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. back to cebu mai oi. (: one year ata away from the husband. sad but carry lang.

    ReplyDelete

fallen rain. (: