Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It was in a bathtub back in New York, reading Italian words aloud from a dictionary, that I first started mending my soul. My life had gone to bits and I was so unrecognizable to myself that I probably couldn't have picked me out of a police lineup. But I felt a glimmer of happiness when I started studying Italian, and when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab onto the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt - this is not selfishness, but obligation. You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.

-Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


gelo got his leg leg tattoed with japanese warrior horned masks with lotus flowers. i am jealous but, he told me not to get one cuz i might not stand the pain.

i hate coaching. it's yofaks. we hafta kneel down to coach agents. kaloka.

7 comments:

  1. i love the quote, raen... where you get all these quotes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i google book titles that come to mind. then google quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, raen, can i copy a portion of this quote?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a good book, raen. i only read this at the bookstore though. i never got around to actually buying it. talk about kuripot. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't buy books. i look at a few reviews online then google. i'm thinking twice about buying books cuz i am not even sure if i wanna spend my whole life in bacolod. i still dont have my own house, if i get my own house then i can start my own library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure thing.the power of ctrl c and ctrl v. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

fallen rain. (: